Saturday, August 12, 2006

Gramps

So, in the end, it was you. In a way, I was hoping that you wouldn't go before I came back. But you did. I am happy that you have finally found peace with yourself and were able to go. But inside, I guess I wish I was back to say goodbye in person. Or at least, so that you could see us all that one last time. It's like I feel and know you're gone but I don't think I can accept it at the moment. A part of me has, but a part of me hasn't. I will miss you so much. From the sailing of the small paper boats, to "all in the motor boat", to you and me trying to see who could say the license plate, of that van that was parked in front of the house when you were waiting with me for my school bus, fastest, or slowest, to making us eat ants from the wall or the floor outside, to everything and anything you've ever done for us grandkids. And your children as well. But I guess since you are my Grandpa, I can only remember the things you did for us as a grandpa. But I love you all the same. Now you are in a better place. You are with God! This is for you Gramps.

No comments: