Tuesday, October 17, 2006

His disciple

I'm on one side of this place. I look to the other side and somehow I make the crossing over. The trees are plenty and will bear fruit.

This is what I remember Bernadette, one of the American missionaries, telling me her vision of me during our very first retreat with them. Not in those very exact words, but that was the vision she'd related to me. It's like one of those moments where you're sitting down and no matter what you're doing, something just hits you. A memory of the past. One that you've thought about before but it suddenly popped back out from your subconscious. I guess it sort of makes me wonder what it could mean. And it could mean anything. The vastness of this "anything" makes me wonder even more. You might even wonder why I might even think about this vision. I know some people are sceptical about things like visions and such but if it really is God's will, He'll lead me to it and He'll be with me throughout it all. Which is how I always feel. I know that whatever I do, He'll be there with me. All we need to do is trust in Him and Him alone, and everything will fall into place.

He's been with us all the while, and He will be with us all the way. And God surrounds us all with His love and protection. Remember that.

No comments: