Yes I've actually decided to post things that make sense. =P
Well, uni's been keeping me really busy. As in like, I even have to go to uni on Sunday mornings, from 10am to about 3pm for rehearsals for my Performance Project which is scheduled to be shown Wolrd Environment Day, 5th June!! Woo hoo!! Less than a month!! (!!@!@#T#$@$#$##@###$$&^@#@!!#@#$#$%^%$#@$$@#$#) Well, now that I've let that out... x-P It's been really hectic and such coz there've been times when every single group member couldn't make it to every single rehearsal we have. And so, as a result, we've had to kind of exclude people from different parts in our performance and make them do small parts in the whole performance.
Let me tell you about our performance project. It's a movement based performance about life and the whole cycle of it and how, as individuals, we are affected by it and life on this earth. It's a whole organic thing with some technological aspects. Coz we all know how great techonology is! Just hope it doesn't bust out on us. And I have a big part at the end where I do this "epic speech" as one of my friends put it. And the other group members are doing this humming when I say it. For our "work-in-progress" showing, it was so powerful, I almost cried!! Also, coz it might've been that time of the month. Been their humming and adlibbing was so good with the different tunes and stuff they were doing, I really felt it. And that was only my 2nd time saying that speech. But it was so powerful. I really hope the audience will be able to experience it on the nights itself.
It runs for 3 nights, 5th, 6th and 7th June at this place called City Farm in East Perth. It looks like a run-down place to me, but it's actually a nursery with plants and some animals. Looks like a kiddy place. And we'll be performing in the biggest shed which looks quite dodgy now with loads of stuff in it, but will be turned into an empty white space. So that's good!! They better keep their promise! Not that they really promised, but they better keep to their word, that is.
We have rehearsals on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, which are during our lesson time for our lecturer, Julie, to assist us in whatever we do and help see that the project is going somewhere. So that's 3 hours each day. Then another 3 hours on Thursdays coz we have no Directing classes at 1.30pm at the moment. Reason being coz our lecturer has his own performance project, and won't be able to do some of the Thursdays so we had make-up classes for them during our holiday times. Meaning I haven't really had a proper holiday to just unwind for the next term. (!!) But nonetheless, I'm still alive so that's a good sign.
I went for Mothers' day dinner last night with my bub's family. There were ten of us, but we were talking more to Brody, his bro, and Caris, the bro's gf, and Mike's dad. It was so funny coz we went to this restaurant called Jimmy Dean's. Kinda like Hard Rock with all the guitars hung around and the platinum records hung up too with loads of posters. And the menu had caricatures of different singers on it and they were looking at it trying to remember the names. And I just happened to know all the names of The Beatles singers, and they were wondering how I could, coz they listen to the music but can never remember the names. And Mike's telling them how I know every single actor/actress's name and stuff. Hehe. Well, that's an overstatement though. =-S Then when we went back to the parent's place, they showed the mum the present Mike bought from us, which was a computer chair coz she'd been needing a new one coz the other one wasn't giving her enough back support. And she loved the new one, so that was cool.
Other than that, just trying to juggle everything happening in my life right now. Don't think I'm going to burst any moment, but just trying to cope with everything. I think I'm doing alright. But then again, I'm the sort of person who wants to make sure everything is going ok, and if something isn't, I just hope to sort things out. Not only in my head, but with those around me as well.
And I just really want to say that I've never felt this way about anyone before. To be so trusting of someone and for them to have shown that I can trust them no matter what. I've always felt blessed in so many things, this being one of them. I really want to maintain the blessing I have in everything else as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment