Sunday, December 02, 2007

Think before you speak. You could hurt someone.

First of all, I hate stupid spam users who try and tag on my blog. Get lost, your language sucks. I only accept friends.

It's really weird having been away for quite a long time, and coming back after trying to manage living on my own without adults looking out for or looking after me. It's weird in the sense that, living abroad or independently has helped me to look at things in a different perspective and to be just that bit more responsible. Being in a different environment has also had an effect on me. For one, I don't just take things at face value, and I try to evaluate the situation before me before I go charging on about and shoot up the defenses. Coz there are people who have such a warped idea about life and life overseas. No, nothing is always as everyone says it is, unless you've experienced it for yourself. And from the conversation I had last night, I have to admit that we can't simply pinpoint and say people overseas, maybe from America or Australia have sex 24/7 or are always craving for it and have absolutely no moral values. After having been in a relationship with an Australian, I know now that it's not true. I've also heard from some of my friends about people they know too. We don't have to look far to see that a lot of people nowadays, even in Singapore, are exactly like that. So no, it's not just the Americans and Australians. A lot of people in the world are like that. Not just the whites. That is a common misconception, which may be a result of ignorance. It's just like how sometimes people think Singapore is in China. So my advice would be not to judge too quickly or to listen about rumours you may have heard. Look it up yourself, go and find out. Travel the world if you want to, to find out what people are really like. Singapore is still quite a sheltered country, even though it has done so well and has continued to be an independent country for 40 odd years. Ok, I may not be an expert at all this life stuff, but from what I see, that is how I feel.

So yes, coming back has been different. From being with people who are not quick to judge, to people who are. The worse part is that those people who aren't quick to judge don't even go to church. Although, some of them do believe in a higher being. (It's God!) However, there is something wrong there. Just because we go to church and pray to God does not make us the best people in the world. By right, it should make us humble, serving God. But that's not what I see. I see petty people, jealous people, people who may not want to share the happiness of others but would like to keep it to themselves before anyone finds out. I also have heard of bullying or beatings, by boys from church. Boys who are supposed to serve the church. It's great that so many of us still go to church, here in Singapore, for there are so many youth in Australia who don't. I'm the only one in my Year who goes to church. But as we grow older, and hopefully mature (for there are some who don't), we need to just go to church for more than just the sake of going to church or seeming to be helping out and being goody goody and all that. We need to have that drive. I'm not saying to stop doing it but to enhance why we do all these things in church. We need to look around us and not at ourselves. We can't just preach about things either without living it out ourselves. And we should not go around pin-pointing everyone else's mistakes when we ourselves have mistakes for ourselves. But at the same time, if you do something and after that feel that it wasn't the right thing to do, you can only blame yourself and only you yourself can have a reason for doing that. Yes, unfortunately, we are humans and we talk. But there's a difference between talking about everyone's wrongdoings and talking objectively about issues with each other. So we pray and ask for God to pour His mercy down upon us and His blessings that we discern and understand what His plan is for us.

As much as it may seem I think I know so much, I'm still learning new things everyday. And through writing down my thoughts and sharing with people what I feel, I strive to learn to be a better person in God's name and to do His will for me. And most of all, I strive, in everything that I do, I hope and pray that I do not, by every means, become or somehow already am, a hypocrite.

No comments: