Saturday, July 23, 2005

Harry Potter and the Bloody Half Prince

A note to all people "who do not wish to suffer a most painful death" mentally.

On the sideline: I hope you were kidding.

If not, from this very moment on, I would like to make myself as clear as possible.

NEVER tell me the ending to ANY book or movie, unless I give you permission, or I swear you will get hell from me. And I don't care if you're a faster reader than me. Let me enjoy the book for myself.

I absolutely adore and cherish the Harry Potter series. From the books to the movies. Amongst many other books and movies, might I add.

I already had someone tell me what the ending to the 5th book was and now it's the 6th. Tell me why should I bother reading the book since I already know what happens in the end? I wouldn't and have never told anyone what happens in the ending of books or movies. Of course, y'all don't make it easy for yourselves when you start guessing what happens.

I am an aspiring actress who wants to be shocked, surprised, happy or angry etc, when I read a book or watch movies. I get engrossed in the book so much I start cursing and swearing when the characters are downright evil. I laugh to myself when the characters make a fool of themselves. And I get extremely angry when someone tells me the ending. Well, yesterday was an exception coz I'm wanting very much to believe all that was said about Book 6 is wrong. But still, I actually think it's downright selfish and disrespectful. What? That's stupid you might think. But come on. If there is one book or movie you are dying to read or see and it's not out yet. Just one. It's all you've been waiting for. Wouldn't you not want to know what happens in the end until you, yourself, have seen it? It's disrespectful because you do not want to respect that that particular person wants to be shocked or surprised at the end. You do not respect, that persons' individuality; his/her sense of eagerness or anticipation in not knowing what's coming at the end.

You may ask yourself, am I really all that just because I told them the ending to a book?

We may not know it, but yes, we are, in some way or another. And no, it's not just any book. It's a book I love.

People who know, and tell others what happens in the end of books or movies when they don't know, are called "Spoilers". This, I'm sure, is a word quite well-known to everyone.

Some people spend their whole lives reading, loving, enjoying and studying each and every facet of their favourite books and movies. I may not have been an avid reader or movie-goer back then but that doesn't mean I can't be one in the future. So don't spoil it for these people and don't spoil it for me. In fact, don't spoil it for anyone. Discretion is the one thing that should be practiced and that which is not at all. If you go about blabbering that you know everything all the time, people are just going to look at you as one proud person who thinks they know everything. We are brought up in a society where people are oppressed and jump up at the chance of saying something that will make them look great. Discretion and humility. Take note of this and you'll go far in life. Know when to be discreet and always be humble. No matter what. And you know, even Jesus didn't know everything when he lived on this earth.

Pray to your Guardian Angels to help you know what to do or say at the right time and to shut you up when you don't think you should say anything. It's hard, even for me. But we can at least try. God doesn't force us but He helps us if we're willing to put in the effort to try. Pray, that's all I ask.

If you've fully comprehended what I'm saying, congratulations. You are a person sensitive to your surroundings and care for those around you.

If you've comprehended something of it, that's great.

If you've absolutely no idea what I'm saying, go figure.

Sound serious? - I am.

No comments: