Sunday, February 12, 2006

Perth Update!

Heigh Ho to the bottle I go
To heal my heart and drown my woe
The rain may fall, the wind may blow
But there'll still be, many miles to go
Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain
And the stream that leaps from hills to plains
Better than rain or rippling brook
There's a mug of beer inside this Took. Yeah!


Sorry just had to write that coz it just came into my head. Can anyone tell me where that's from???

Just want to let everyone know that I'm alive and well in Perth. I have to write this on my own computer and transfer it to my blog so that I won't waste much time on the net in my aunt's and uncle's home office.

Well, I've already updated almost all of you on what's been happening here and how things are going. I'll be going to check out Edith Cowan Uni (Mt Lawley) tomorrow. What I have been up to though is that I've seen my cousins, Tasha and Stefan, my aunt Carol's and uncle Faizal's children. Tasha is married to her husband(obviously) John, and she has three absolutely gorgeous children, Ivana(5), Anton and Zachary(I've just confirmed they're 3 and a half yrs old). Twins! Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (x a gazillion) cute like what. Seriously, they're all going to be heartbreakers. I don't have a nice picture of them yet(it's all quite blur) but I hope to take one soon. They're all so tanned too coz they've going to the beach quite often of late I think.

So far all I've done is meet with Tasha, Stefan, the 3 kids and done a bit of shopping for certain necessities and a TV! Haha. They thought I should get one! Not me!! Haha. But it's good coz then I'll get to watch Desperate Housewives which, by the way, is on every Mondays too! But it's earlier here, 8.30pm and they started their 2nd season same time as us in Singapore! So I'm not going to be missing anything!! What I have missed though is LOST, every Thursdays, 8.30pm. They're quite ahead of us but hope I don't really miss out on much. I understand the next episode is about Jin, Sawyer and Michael on the boat they made, but I think the boy got kidnapped already coz that's the last trailer of LOST I saw in Singapore. So technically speaking, I'm not giving out any spoilers. If anyone were to complain! xP haha. They also, either have or are going to have, Grey's Anatomy here too. I love that show so I hope it's on at a good time here. Can't remember what other good TV programmes they have on here, but I'll soon learn of them all. I mean, that's just so like me. Haha. Can't seem to find McLeod's Daughters on their TV guide though. Maybe coz a new season's coming out some time soon or something. Damn. That might mean I'd have missed a whole season probably coz I was watching it on Hallmark channel back in Singapore. Watching the Torino Olympics now though! Yay! Wow. Simply amazing.

I'm doing absolutely fine, though there are times I'm reminded of Singapore but that just comes with the whole experience right? Missing people back home and stuff. And this is my first time away from home and loved ones, and will be for a long time. As I've said, my uncle's trying to get the net connected to my laptop in my room so I'll be able to use it without bothering them in their office at home. Am trying to figure out which mobile user to use. There's Telstra, Optus and Vodafone. For anyone who might know, is Three a part of Telstra? Or is it something new here? I'm quite in doubt about that. Coz Julian, my friend Melissa Low's brother, works there. Didn't get the chance to ask about that. Hmm... But yeah, there're all these Cap Plan things and I'm wondering which one would be best to use. Get one so I can use more TXT messages or one with more Talktime? Then there's whether you want to use more talktime during the night or all day. And all these damned things to consider when getting a line. Urgh. Not that it's stressful, but it's just irritating. Although the hp is important to me, I do have a lot of other important things to think of as well. They should have one especially for overseas students.

Moving on from the internet and handphones, I've made a new friend. His name? Simba!! He's absolutely lovely, really big and very manja. I'm talking about a very beautiful black and sable(sabel?) German Shepherd/Alsatian. He actually was very attached to Shariff, my uncle's former black and brown German Shepherd who passed away some time last year, I believe. I thought it was coz of old age. It was, but coz he was blind too, they ended up putting him to sleep. He was gimungous. And so will Simba grow to be too. He's only 4 yrs old and he already looks like a teenage lion. Thus his name. For those who don't know, if I haven't already said and you didn't get the hint, it means lion. Remember The Lion King? Yeah! He's my kinda dog. He doesn't bark much, but he's really friendly and loves to come into the house. Just today, he went out the front door, and we all got a fright coz he's not supposed to. Just in case he finds some person and does anything, we'll be liable if we leave him wandering about. Not that he's likely to do anything harmful coz he's quite friendly, but just in case, and if he doesn't know the people, so they're very cautious and stuff. But he does get his regular walks. Ones I have not had the chance to see or do yet. And I wouldn't like to think where he'd take me if I took him on a walk. Haha! I could go for a ride on him like the children on Aslan in Narnia. Oh man. I definitely have to watch Narnia again.

Watched Walk The Line on the flight here. That is one really great movie. I would love to watch it again. Reese and Joaquin made such a great pair. He really sounded like Johnny Cash when he sang. Not sure about the speaking voice. She didn't really but she sang really well and both were spot on in their acting. How I know they sounded alike or not? Watch the credits and don't forget to listen!! I loved the ending. That was really sweet. A.Carol burnt In Her Shoes and we watched that last night. Another awesome movie. Sort of reminds me of Stace and I. Not in all ways but in some. Haha. Made me tear a bit.

I want to thank everyone for their gifts and for those who came to see me off on Thursday eve. Thank you so much. I've eaten the chocolate already, love the necklace, rosary, purse, letters, pics, "back to school" beanie bear! The Arwen pendant! It's really alright. Y'all don't have to change it or anything. As I said, I'll give one to my future bf/going-to-be-husband, and keep the other one lah. I mean, if he's anything like Aragorn, he'll wear it. Lol! Have I missed anything out?!? But anyway, they were all lovely. I even brought some of the Christmas presents too. As I might've said in my email, I have all of your pictures on my screensaver on my laptop so when it goes to that mode, I can see you all! SO... I definitely CANNOT and WILL NOT forget all of you. Definitely won't change my screensaver, or at least until I get new pics of y'all. Trying to get some good pics to put up on my blog but for now, I'll just leave it. The more pics the better right? Haha. Well, there's more to say, but I'll keep it for another time. Till then, au revoir! Take care and love you all!

Signing off from Perth

p.s. feel free to comment below any of my posts. Or if you want to say anything at all like hi or just to "drop a line" please do. I don't have a tag board yet. Which reminds me I don't have a webcam yet! STACE! Don't forget ah!!

No comments: