I asked God to bless this day and make it good. Make it fun and enjoyable and may we do His will. He didn't just bless the day, he gave me a great opportunity to which I didn't fully make the time for.
Today, we went on a little tour with the MSAS here in Perth. MSAS stands for Malaysia Singapore Australian Society. It's like a community thing where those from Malaysia and Singapore come together and organise outings or events, etc. A.Carol thought she'd take A.Deb and I along. And what I thought was just going to be an outing with the "aunties" and "uncles", turned out to be more eventful than one could possibly imagine.
First we had to go to the Hyatt hotel to get picked up by the bus driver. There were a total of 54 of us. 53 older adults and one younger adult - me. 55 would include the bus driver. I have to admit that I wasn't bored for one minute. Some were A.Carol's friends and some were just people they knew from the MSAS thing. They all knew how to have fun that's for sure. And you can't help but laugh at all the antics all these older adults get up to. haha. Seriously! One man actually brought his guitar, and he started playing and the rest joined in with their voices. Quite funny actually. hehe. I didn't really coz I wanted to listen to my music. haha.
Our first stop was Wungong Dam. Damn was it good! haha. Corny joke. The dam looks like this gimungous slide. I thought I might slide down any minute. And I felt as if I was taking photos of every nook and cranny of the place. Then A.Carol and A.Deb saw the bus driver and thought he looked quite young - and cute. And they were trying to get me to talk to him.
Almost through the whole of the tour! Even at our next stop, the Golden Groves, where all the oranges, lemons and such were. Well, not that they tried to embarass me in front of him, but whenever he was "around" they'd be like, "Eh Steph ask him to join us!" (A bit shy at the moment, maybe will ask him later) I found out his name was Michael. And A.Carol, who had spoken to him earlier on, said that he was very nice. So we were about to eat our lunch. Pork and lamb. No lamb for me!! And I wanted to go and get my water coz it was in the bus. So, lo and behold, I went to the bus and had to pass him by coz he was seated at the front and the back door wasn't open. So I ended up asking him if he was going to eat lunch and he said that he was going to. So I said cool and I'll see him later then. (Gee, what a conversation) It was only then that I'd taken a proper look at him and finally figured, yeah he IS cute. Coz that whole time I couldn't really have a good look at him, considering he had his sunnies on. We were still waiting around for the food to be prepared when he came into the place we were eating, and he was standing at the end of our table. And apparently, according to this lady we'd just met on the tour, he was "looking this way". Didn't really want to believe them at first. And with them LOUD Italianos at the other side of the room, most of us had to repeat things again so we could grasp what the other person was saying. Unfortunately there was no space for him to sit with us. He sat at another table.
So there we had our lunch, which was great but made my jaw numb coz of all that chewing of pork! Then I had to go to the toilet. HAHAHAHA! I just HAD to say that. Thank God the toilet was nice, small and clean. Unlike the one at the Dam where there were no lights! So we walked around a bit and took pictures. Now I had to put back all our water bottles in the bus. Coz we were going to take a tractor ride around the orange plantations and I wanted to take more pictures properly. So I went back to the bus and passed him by again, this time telling him that there was dessert, but he already had his in the bus. So I said cool (again!!). Then I thought if I came back down again I could chat with him for a while, but A.Deb was down there waiting for me, and apparently for him too. Coz she wanted to take a photo of him but it was too dark inside the bus. So he came out (damn it!) and I thought I'd get out of the way when she said "Oh why don't you two just stand there for the picture". So I gladly did. haha.
Then we went for our tractor ride, which proved to be more eventful than we'd ever imagined. The Italianos joined us!! (Gee!) The Italians were actually very funny, and very chatty with everyone on the tractor. One of them would be like "Oh they're from Singapore!" then all the rest would go "YEAH!!". And that was done quite a fair few times for all the countries that were mentionned. hahaha. But it was really funny. I must show the videos when I come back. Hilarious. So we came back to the Golden Grove place after the tractor ride. Then we were waiting around coz the other group went on the tractor ride. And we were standing with the couple we'd met earlier and talking away, with the smell of duck shit (i think) somewhere close by. And there he was, Michael, standing on the top of the slope thingy looking down in our direction. Hmm.. You can only guess what A.Deb, A.Carol and even the couple were saying. And I was just trying to laugh it all off. But I had to admit, he was cute. Then just before we were leaving I had the brilliant idea of taking a pic of him in front of the bus. (Yeah Steph that's so brilliant) So I plucked up courage to ask, without any kind of help or "guidance", only by the Lord. And he very nicely obliged. We waited for the people to get up the bus, one of which was John Branchi, A.Carol's friend's husband, who jokingly said "Oh you're taking a photo!" And posed himself in front of the bus. haha! He's so funny. So after majority of them got up the bus, I took the photo. (Woo hoo!) I said thanks and he was like "No worries", in a way that sounded like he'd do it again if I asked again. Ok that done. Then we made our way back to the Hyatt again.
So when we touched down outside the Hyatt, everyone was wishing everyone goodbye and so on. And I was just trying to not stand in the way of everyone, when A.Carol comes to me and says something about Malcolm helping with the luggage. And I said who's Malcolm??? Then we both laughed and she corrected herself and said Michael. In all the flurry she forgot his name. haha. Then I saw him looking at me when he was outside the coach. We went back home after taking down the number of the coach service behind the bus. Hope I make progress from there!
Well, that's my quite exciting story for today. I mean, the other days it's been quite boring but today was the only day something happened that was more than interesting and extremely funny. Might as well make the days before I get home as eventful as it can be!
No comments:
Post a Comment