Monday, July 10, 2006

Congrats to Italy but I think France should've won

Italy has won this years World Cup. But I think France deserved it more coz they played better. Even my parents and A.Deb, who supported Italy all the way, said so. And this coming from people who have watched a whole lot of World Cups. But I think, coz Italy won by penalty shots, it wasn't all that exciting. If I was supporting Italy, I would've preferred if they won through the actual match and not by penalty shots. But! I still think France played better and plus, I was supporting them too. hehe. In fact, I was the only goon in my house supporting France this lovely morning. Then, sia lah, the bloody lightning was making the reception of the tv a bit gong. So every now and then the screen went blank! Thank God we didn't miss much also. Actually in the second half, it wasn't that exciting. The first half was really good though.

With regards to Zinedine Zidane. I have this feeling that he wanted out of the match by that time. Whether it was because he was tired or he was damn pissed at Materazzi, I'll never know. My theory is that he was both, and thus coz he was tired and wanted to get out of the game, he used his "pissed-ness" to headbutt Materazzi in the chest, thus causing him to have a red card and be out of the game. But that's just my theory! Or maybe he's like Viggo Mortensen and likes headbutting people as a sign of affection, though this headbutt didn't take him very far. Thank God it was in the chest and not the head. I think that would've been worse. Or like the video on Tasia's blog, maybe he was taking his revenge for all those people. Haha.

No comments: