Ooo.. It's been 3 days since my last blog. That means something. It does not rule my life. Thank God for that.
Had an eventful evening, though not as eventful as I'd hoped. We need more action! "Aaaaaand action!"
But on a quieter note...
I'm watching Frank Herbert's Children of Dune on Hallmark now. It's about this place called Arrakis or Dune, where they have the "spice". It makes people's eyes turn blue. The colour I wish my eyes would have. =) But it's quite interesting. The spice is made or comes from these things they call Worms. But they're huge and many people can even ride on them. If you watched Dune you'd know. People want these worms for the spice. A whole political or democratic thing. I think. It kind of reminds me of this book I'm reading, The Dispossessed. It's got something to do with The Principle of Simultaneity. I seem to love all these Science Fiction books. Well, I'm starting to like them. Thanks to my cousin Daphne for letting me read The Dispossessed! It's a really good book. But I definitely have to read it again to fully comprehend it all. But Ursula le Guin definitely engages her audience, just like Tolkien. You just have to make believe it's real. Just to be at one with their work. That's what I did with The Lord of the Rings and I think that's why I love it to such an extent that I think about it all the time. It's a part of my life now and I can't let it go. Neither can I the actors and actresses who acted in it.
TIME Magazine Quote about Michael Phelps:
"He turns anything into a reason to work harder," says Bowman (his coach).
"I call him the motivation machine."
I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
No comments:
Post a Comment